Mental Health, Autism, Learning Disability and Acquired Brain Injury
We visit people in their own homes or in the local hospitals and attend the wards several times a week to ensure people know and understand their rights.
A few examples of work that we do with our clients include:
Providing information on the Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003, Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 and Adult Support & Protection (Scotland) Act 2007
• Attending Mental Health Tribunals
• Attending Case Conferences
• Supporting people going through guardianship hearings at court
• To prepare for meetings / appointments
• To attend meetings / appointments
• When speaking to professionals (e.g. Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Care Providers etc.)
• To say what you want
• To understand your rights
• To get YOUR voice heard
We work with Older People out in the community, in nursing homes, in care homes or in hospital wards.
A few examples of work that we do with older people include:
• Attend visits to sheltered housing/ care homes to support clients to choose where they want to stay
• Ensure their views are heard by all professionals involved in their care
• Helping people to understand their rights
• Attending case conferences
• Helping understand what Guardianships/Power of Attorney means
• Helping people say what they want from their care package
YOUR WORDS, YOUR VOICE!